Listed below are blogs, articles, and books (in no particular order) that have helped me on my own journey as well as a few items I have not read but come highly recommended by people I trust. The focus and content varies widely, but they all relate to women and Biblical Christianity.
Think of this page as a starting place. The rest of my site is full of posts that have additional links to articles, posts, etc. that shed more light on this topic.
For those who are struggling to understand how to harmonize the various passages in the Scripture that speak about women in the church, I hope you will find these helpful.
And if you know of a good resource that should be listed, please let me know!
Please note: A link here does not mean I am in agreement with everything in the book, article, or website.
Books About Women in the Church
What’s with Paul and Women?God’s Word to WomenMan and Woman, One in Christ: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Paul’s LettersI Suffer Not a Woman: Rethinking I Timothy 2:11-15 in Light of Ancient EvidenceHow I Changed My Mind about Women in Leadership: Compelling Stories from Prominent EvangelicalsWomen in the Church: A Biblical Theology of Women in MinistryThe Black Swan Effect: A Response to Gender Hierarchy in the ChurchNo Will Of My Own: How Patriarchy Smothers Female Dignity & Personhood
Women in the Church Articles
- Freeing Our Fellow Workers in Christ: Christianity’s Message of Gender Equality (Word document)
- The Misuse of the Word “Role”
- Is It True That In The NT No Women, Only Men, Are Identified By Name As Elders, Overseers, Or Pastors, And That Consequently Women Must Not Be Elders, Overseers, Or Pastors?
- 1 Cor 11:2-16 To What Does “Covered” Refer?
- Does “One-Woman Man” in 1 Timothy 3:2 Require that All Overseers be Male?
- Were Women Silent at Pentecost?
- Finding the Mind of the Lord Together
- Women in the New Testament: A Middle Eastern Cultural View (PDF)
- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 and Its Context
- A Challenge for Proponents of Female Subordination To Prove Their Case from The Bible
- What Did the Apostle Paul Mean By, “Let your women keep silence in the churches”?
- The Eternal Subordination of Christ and of Women
- 1 Timothy 2:15 going deeper into the results of the prohibition
- Jon Zens (Searching Together)
- Margaret Mowczko at newlife
- Phillip B. Payne
- Wade Burleson
- Women in Ministry
- Felicity Dale at Simply Church
- Frank Viola
- That Mom